The model P402A high performance microstepping drive suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase hybrid steppers requiring a drive current of up to 2A / phase. The design features an advanced bipolar constant-current chopper circuit with current technology. This driver is suited to stepper motor control applications requiring low noise, low vibration, high speed and high precision.
- Supply voltage to +40dc, current to 2.0A
- Inaudible 20khz chopping frequency
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input signals
- Automatic idle current reduction
- Mixed-decay current control for reduced motor heating
- 15 selectable step resolutions in decimal and binary
- Microstepping to 51,200 steps/revolution
- Step/direction and clockwise / counter clockwise inputs
- Suitable for 4, 6 and 8 lead wire motors
- Overcurrent and overvoltage protected
- Short circuit protected
- Compact size
Product now obsolete Replacement P422 coming soon!
Q: How can I work out which stepper motor drive I need?
A: If you are new to these products we suggest that you start by reading our technical guides to stepper motors and stepper motor drives. These may be downloaded through the Technical section of this website. With this overview you will then need to review the motor and drive product ranges, e.g., unipolar or bipolar drive mode, drive voltage and current, size and style of drive etc.
Q: Are your products suitable for worldwide use?
A: In general, yes, as they are DC powered and designed to International Standards.
Q: Are the products compliant with EU safety standards and directives?
A: Yes, we apply all relevant European Directives to our designs, and where appropriate, carry out EMC testing in independent laboratories.
Q: Are the products compliant with the RoHS Directive?
A: Our materials and manufacturing processes were converted to RoHS-compliance several years ago. All of our current products are fully RoHS-compliant.
Q: Do you accept credit card payment for goods?
Stepper Motor Drives FAQs